killam&co
internet marketing

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Authenticity of of Internet Marketing Sources

Interesting to me that I would visit SEObook today to find a post that discusses exactly what I am working on here. Creating a credible resource for people and providing value first before asking for the sale. Aarron Wall writes interesting and thought provoking articles. This particular post speaks about how to understand whether a website or blog is just out to make money, or if the authors are really attempting to provide people with value.

Seobook.com is a great example of a site that provides a ton of value to people. You can buy the book any time you like or you can drop by to soak up Aarron's knowledge of SEO. I bought the book after reading the site for about a month. One month to a $90 sale and potential referrals from this site for years to come. Not a bad exchange in my opinion. By the time I purchased the book I felt like I had already gotten my monies worth.

On that note: what do you have that you could give away to your customers?
Could you create value for them before they buy? Something to think about and something I am attempting to do here by publishing this blog.

No comments: