killam&co
internet marketing

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Online Reputation Management

Are you managing your online identity?

Online reputation management, also known as persona management, is the concept, techniques and strategies of taking control of and managing your online identity. In the past the concept was only associated with businesses although in most cases companies are all but oblivious to what's being said about them online. While that has begun to change, in today's virtual world people too are beginning to realize they need to pay attention to what's being said about them online.

As you will see in future posts, today more than ever it is becoming important to manage your virtual identity. For a great many of us, that means creating one in the first place. So what do you do if when Googling your name nothing comes up? This question will be first and foremost on a list of questions I will answer in the upcoming weeks. It will be joined by:

  • how do I track what's being said about me online?
  • how do I get listed in the major search engines for my name?
  • why should I care about having a virtual identity?
  • how can I get started without knowing much about web pages?
  • I've already achieved a level of success and have more work than I can handle, why should I care about managing my online identity?
  • And more....

In the upcoming weeks these questions will be the focus of this blog.

No comments: